December 4, 2015

How Many Seasons For The Silmarillion?

I spent some time leafing through The Silmarillion dreaming about how many seasons it would take to do justice to the book. And by doing justice, being a lover of the book, I mean a pretty accurate portrayal of the book (not very realistic, right?)

After thinking through what I thought would be good starting and endpoints for various "season" I decided that 8 total would be sufficient. Of course, after making this decision I found out the number of pages in the book vary greatly with the later season containing much much more material as the stories of the First Age become more detailed (Beren & Lúthien, Children of Húrin, etc). So I'm sure when I dive in I'll realize just how wrong my initial synopsis was.

But for the time being here are my first attempts at a Silmarillion series. For whatever reason the theme of "days" stuck in my head and so each season has it's own working title. I wonder if you might guess where each season begins and ends?

  1. The Beginning of Days
  2. The Blessed Days
  3. The Dark Days
  4. New Days Ahead
  5. Days of Love and Tears
  6. Desperate Days
  7. Days of Ruin
  8. The End of Days
Thus begins my great dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment