February 4, 2014

Dagor Dagorath

I love Tolkien fans. Obviously, I am one myself but I am not referencing myself at all here. As find different fan perspectives and insights across the web I am awestruck. It's both encouraging to see how others incorporate Tolkien into their lives and challenging. Every time I think I have a little better understanding I see things out there that remind me I have such little knowledge.

I found a superb blog today. I landed on the post concerning Dagor Dagorath which is the last battle in the Middle-earth mythology. I've noticed as I've been reading through The History of Middle-earth this year bits and pieces concerning this end battle popping up. This particular blogger has accomplished something with Dagor Dagorath I hope to eventually do: construct a chronological/cohesive tale out of all of Tolkien's works.

Indeed, it's a well referenced tale putting together what little Tolkien hinted at in the battle. I highly recommend perusing it. I love Tolkien fans. They make me a better fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment